Hello, Hello, Hello! It’s International Drag Day!
Drag is becoming more and more visible and accepted, and from my POV, mainly by the contribution of RuPaul’s Drag Race, which has snatched 12 nominations for this year’s Emmy Awards.
Drag Race has already snatched four Emmy wins in the past, with the mastermind behind the show, RuPaul Charles, taking home two consecutive trophies for outstanding host for a reality or reality-competition program.
Lip syncing in drag is an important, but not limiting, part of the art form that is Drag, which is why I have listed my Top 10 RuPaul’s Drag Race and All Stars lip syncs of all time.
Now, in no particular order, Here is some Drag Race GOLD:
1. Shangela vs. Trixie – Freaky Money
2. Monét X Change vs. Dusty Ray Bottoms – Pound The Alarm
3. Bob The Drag Queen vs Derrick Barry- You Make Me Feel
4. Alyssa Edwards vs Tatianna – Shut Up And Drive
5. Kalorie Karbdashian Williams vs Vanessa Vanjie Mateo – Ain’t No Other Man
6. Vivacious vs Kelly Mantle – Express Yourself
7. BenDeLaCreme vs BeBe Zahara Bennet – Nobody’s Supposed To Be Here
8. Raven VS Jujubee – Dancing On My Own
9. Sasha Velour vs. Shea Couleé – So Emotional
10. Ginger Minj & Sasha Belle vs Jaidynn Diore Fierce & Tempest DuJour – Think We’re Alone Now